ICP hosts networking events twice a year, offering faith leaders a chance to hear from local service providers about issues impacting people in Peel. We have head from the Peel Police about helping people in domestic abuse situations, from the PEAPN about senior issues, and more.
Every February, ICP hosts a World Interfaith Harmony Week Prayer Breakfast, which recognizes that the moral imperatives of all religions, convictions and beliefs call for peace, tolerance and mutual understanding. As part of the United Nations interfaith week, this event celebrates the diversity of faith in Peel Region. Local political leaders – Mayors, MPPs and MPs – attend this special morning.
Prayer Breakfast Hosts 2019 - Unitarian Congregation in Mississauga 2018 - Jame Masjid Mississauga 2017 – Solel Congregation 2016 – Fo Guang Shan Buddhist Temple 2015 - Fo Guang Shan Buddhist Temple
Other activities have included
- Summer Picnic for conversation and connection
- involvement with Angela’s Place (Transitional Housing)
- Interfaith Music Festival
- Food Drives for the Mississauga Food Bank
- Home that Faith Built Project
- Peel Children and Youth Initiative – Social Media 101: Training for faith groups in Peel